Friday 6 February 2015

The Pros and Cons of the Xbox One

So, I've had a month or so with the Xbox One now, how do I feel about it? I thought I'd sum up my feelings for the console and see if I should've just asked for a Super Nintendo instead.

Positives:

- Blu Ray player is actually pretty good and easy to use and navigate
- 4oD and such video players are also very good
- First person GTA V was fun as hell
- Minecraft is bigger than ever and still has a lot more updates to come
- Walking Dead copy contained all five episodes and the 400 Days DLC
- The graphics are nice
- Killer Instinct and Project Spark both look very promising
- Snap feature for party, friends and achievements have proven themselves useful
- I can watch Black Books on 4oD while I blow up helicopters in GTA V, life is bliss
- I don't have a Kinect
- I'm good at the Advanced Warfare multiplayer, first time I've been good at Call of Duty since World at War, truly remarkable
- Good remakes of games, Metro Last Light, Killer Instinct Classic, Resident Evil and Shadow Warrior stand out amongst them
- A small handful of good games I have yet to play, mainly Sniper Elite 3 and Legend of Korra but some interesting looking titles at least
- Tales of the Borderlands was fantastic and had the best game theme song ever

Negatives:

- Microphone never works when first plugged in, have to hit it with my hand until it stops making static noises
- Microphone is actually very small, so small that it doesn't fit on my head, have to have it lopsided if I want to use it
- Lack of decent games, have already played through all the Telltale games I could get my hands on, GTA V, Minecraft and the new Call of Duty
- Lack of hard drive space on the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One, 320GB or so I think, the amount of space the damned games take up (60.3GB for Halo) is ridiculous
- Can't listen to music without having it open on the snap feature, even if you do get it working it's a pain in the arse to do
- Games with gold are pitiful, D4 was horrendous and one of the worst games of all time, Worms Armageddon was pretty good, #IDARB isn't any good either
- Adverts, adverts everywhere. I pay £40 or so a year for an Xbox Live gold membership and I still get adverts on a paid product. That's like buying an iPhone, but to use it you have to watch a 30 second advert that promotes the iPhone
- Sunset Overdrive was shit and was a digital copy, not a physical copy like I had hoped for
- Free games so far have been a crappy Pinball game where you actually have to buy all the tables that you want for £2.49 or something, Powerstar Golf which is, golf and Warframe which took too long to update I just gave up
- Haven't played Halo Master Chief Collection multiplayer with friends yet because of how unbelievably shit it is right now. Pain in the arse to play forge/custom games with friends
- Fibbage and the You Don't Know Jack Collection Pack aren't available in the UK yet
- Installing more than 20 games on my hard drive will fill it, big problem as I'm planning on getting Dragon Age: Inquisition, possibly Farcry 4 and maybe the new Lego Batman game because the feels
- No chatpad available yet, none in sight either
- The games aren't cheap, because it's a new console
- The new WWE game doesn't have Edge or Christian in
- The Walking Dead is a bit jittery in places, something I've noticed, such as animation freezes

So, should you dole out the sum of money the Xbox One is worth? Not yet. Give it a few years, if anything, get an Xbox 360 or Gamecube. Good variety of games on both of them and their games don't take a whole day to install. Obviously, the cons outweigh the pro's, so keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment