Friday 20 February 2015

Game Reviews #1 - Hitman Blood Money




Platform: Steam
Store Page
Price I Paid: £1.99

Hitman is one of the few stealth games that I can actually sit down and play. I don't play stealth games because of my lack of patience and stealth games are usually pretty linear or bad nowadays, but Hitman is one of the few series that still has some life in it.

I remember playing this game first on the Xbox 360, it was the very first game I played on the new machine and was the first 18 game I ever played. I have fond memories of playing this game, so it does hold a dear spot in my heart. But I'm not going to be talking about the Xbox 360 version, or the console game for that matter, I'll be talking about the PC game, which was released on 30th May 2006.

I think what you'll notice straight off for the Steam version is that you can't access the internet or chat, or is that just me? I mean, that's pretty damn big, I like to talk to my friends over Steam while I play games, but this game has disabled that, a lot of other games have that problem too, not necessarily with older titles but with newer, indie games too.

Hitman Blood Money follows the story of Agent 47, an assassin who arrives in the United States (in this game). Narrated cutscenes drive the story, through the form of an interview, where a journalist interviews a former Director of the FBI. The story spans over the course of two years, the first mission being a-No Spoilers-ish.

The graphics, I must say still stand up today in my eyes, but graphics shouldn't turn you off playing a game, that's just stupid. The detail shown on the character models and background is aesthetically pleasing, it always seems to fit the mission perfectly. The missions are all open ended and can be completed in any way you want, ranging from stealth and timing to guns blazing. I went for a stealth option on one mission, which ended up with me stealing a guards clothes, finding a shotgun, garrotting the target, hiding in a closet until the second target came into view, shot him in the face and then ran to a plane as the whole world's military force got nearer to me.

This is most certainly the best Hitman game.

The game is fun and for £6.99 you're definitely getting your moneys worth.

Hitman Blood Money gets an 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment