Friday 27 February 2015

Game Reviews #2 - Payday 2




Platform: Steam
Store Page
Price I Paid: £6.54

At first, I really wasn't a fan of this game, I played it for a good two hours or so and found it to be a buggy mess and I left it at that. However, Steam Sales have their ways and I bought this game because my mind thought "Huh, £6 for this game, why not?". I installed it, gave it a good eight hours play and here's my opinion on it.

The game has definitely improved from the last time I played it, but it's improved in areas that wont show until later on into the game. For example, the first time I played through the game, I thought the AI was horrendous, you could have a staring contest with a SWAT team and they'd realise that you were an enemy when you're already gunned them down, taken the money to your car, drove off and had a cup of tea to end the day. The team AI was worse, they had basic commands, they could revive you and shoot their guns, but they couldn't carry bags, that meant if you had eight or more bags, you would have to go backwards and forwards eight times. A working AI is crucial to a game! Obviously Payday 2 thinks otherwise.

Multiplayer is near impossible to play. I'd say about 85% of the community will kick you if you aren't a high enough level, don't have a certain gun or attachment and, best of all, will kick you if you want to have fun. Now, as a gamer and collector, I like to have fun when I play my games. Payday 2 included, I do not launch Payday 2 and go into Bank Heist mode, I go into Relaxed mode.

The maps, you'll play them often, they all get the same, boring. It's randomised where things will spawn in such as the drill or the vault, but there are very few places where they can be spawned, maybe two or three at the most. Some having an advantage over others, the easiest way to get the biggest advantage is to reset the game until you get a good layout where you can be in and out as quickly as possible.

The gun variety is nice, if you get bored of a gun, then you can switch over to another, followed by another and so on. But the only problem really with the guns is that they don't have any, weight, to them. If you've played Black you know what I'm on about. It actually sounds like a powerful weapon, that could kill somebody. The guns in Payday 2 sound like a Nerf gun got jammed and you're trying to unclog it.

One of the most interesting parts of the game for me personally was the Safe House and the promise that we'd be able to customise them with the money we get. I can't wait for that to come into play, I love games like The Sims and that's when I realised. I could just play Sims.

If you really want to play a Bank Heist simulator then play Payday The Heist, it's much better than whatever this is.

Payday 2 gets a 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment