Monday 20 April 2015

Mini Reviews #3 - The Simpsons Tapped Out


Platform: iOS/Android devices (bugger off Windows)
Store Page
Price I Paid: Free! Like everyone else.

I like the Simpsons, I used to be a huge fan of it, I still am, I might watch it if it's on and I have nothing else to do, but other than that I barely watch it. I used to be an avid fan and player of this game, the key term in these past few sentences has been "used to".

The Simpsons Tapped Out is an app that allows you to build and redesign Springfield after Homer blew up the town. So you have to pick up the pieces, follow the questlines and hopefully get Springfield to what it once was. The variety of characters available overall is, pretty small, but constant updates come out and some characters are premium.

Yeah, premium, i.e, spend your real money on donuts so you can buy Dr. Nick and Arnie Pye. What? Of course I didn't buy them. I bought all of them after I used /rtappedoutdonuts/ or something along those lines, which is probably why I no longer play the game. Things get very boring when you can speed through their tasks at great pace. I mean, once you've finished all the quests and gotten to the highest level in the update, all you can do is farm your cash and prepare for the next update, which is more often than not two premium characters and a character you can buy with in-game currency.

Non-premium characters more often than not come with a building, it makes sense. Moe comes with Moe's Tavern, Principal Skinner comes with the School, Marge comes with Moe's Tavern...I did say they more often than not make sense, I didn't say they all made sense.

You can spin your buildings a whole  two ways, facing the left hand side of the screen or facing the bottom of the screen. Which is normal for games like this, I remember Stronghold Kingdom or whatever that flash game was, I don't remember.

Regardless, if you're a fan of the Simpsons then you'll enjoy this game.
If you're a fan of micro-transactions, constant updates to add things EA have gotten and EA, you'll enjoy this game.

The Simpsons Tapped Out gets a 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment