Friday 3 April 2015

Game Reviews #7 - The Walking Dead - Telltale Games Month



Platform: Steam
Store Page
Price I Paid: £4.74

Welcome to the start of Telltale Games month! I'll be reviewing four Telltale games this month, Beginning with one of my all time favourite games, The Walking Dead.

There will be a lot of SPOILERS as this is a very story driven game, thus, I will be talking about the story, nothing major, but little details that you may want to discover yourself.

The Walking Dead focuses on a character called Lee Everett, one of the many survivors, who has to look after a girl named Clementine, who seems pretty set on finding her parents, who are in Savannah on holiday. After leaving her house you meet up with Hershel Greene, one of the many TV show characters featured in this game. You're kicked off his farm and find yourself holed up in a drug store that was owned by Lee's parents. You need to find a way into the medical pharmacy bit of the store and then escape to the nearby motel.

That's basically all I can talk about the story, I mean, I've already spoilt some of it there but that's how little I can talk about the story.

It's pretty much a point and click adventure, with a hefty amount of action, stories and dialogue thrown in to keep the game fresh. The way you act towards people will affect their actions in future episodes, for example, not giving someone food when asked too may change their opinion of you and others around you.

The art style in this game is magnificent, it's cell shaded, a lot like the Borderlands games and it fits the game extremely well in that sense. The characters look superb, all with unique looks and the cell shading really does look fantastic.

I must warn you in advance, you will cry. Lots. Well, I didn't cry that much, but it's a heart-wrenching game that is well worth your time. It's one of my favourite games of all time and it's a bloody good game.

The Walking Dead gets a 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment