Friday 10 April 2015

Game Reviews #8 - The Walking Dead Season 2 - Telltale Games Month



Platform: Steam
Store Page
Price I Paid: £4.74

The second review for Telltale Month, it makes sense to follow up the first season of the Walking Dead with the second season. I had very high hopes for this game, seeing as though the first season was one of my favourite games of all time, to cut it short, it didn't disappoint. Like the first review, this will have SPOILERS. SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS, SPOILERS EVERYWHERE.

The Walking Dead Season Two (Which is becoming a bloody mouthful) follows the story of Clementine, who has wound up with Christa after I'm going to guess around two years since the outbreak seen as though most, if not all characters have visibly aged in some way, shape or form. For example, Clementine is taller. After falling into a river and not drowning somehow, she wakes up on a beach, gets attacked by a dog and meets the main cast and crew of this new adventure!

Much like the first game, it's cell shaded graphics, which fits with the game perfectly like I said about...the other game. Huh, hold on one moment.

Yeah, I haven't really got anything new to add, however, your decisions don't feel as effective in this game. I mean, you'll save someone's life and then they'll die or disappear a few minutes later. The writing seems less, well polished than the first game too, I mean, Telltale was working on Wolf Among Us at this time, which is obviously why the writing is slightly lacking.

While the game is fantastic, it doesn't live up to the first game like I hoped it would, however it didn't disappoint my personal expectations.

The Walking Dead Season 2 gets a 9/10


No comments:

Post a Comment