Wednesday 15 April 2015

Mini Reviews #2 - The Binding of Isaac


Platform: Steam
Store Page
Price I Paid: 39p

Bleh, I don't like games like this. I was so wrong about this game though. I guess you could call this an adventure/dungeon crawler game, I don't like adventure/dungeon crawler games one bit. However I was quite surprised with this game, especially for how cheap I got it.

Graphical style compliments the game very well and thanks to simple controls the game flows very well. WASD to move, all the usual stuff. The music for the game is fantastic, fits really well for the atmosphere of the game, which is a creepy dungeon type environment.

As for items in the game, you can pick up a variety of items that will either increase or decrease your stats in that playthrough of the game, no playthrough is the same. The dungeon is randomly generated, with different rooms with different items and bosses (hopefully) every time you play through the game.

Boss battles are, just disturbing. I fought some form of stomach demon with a melted face at one point, like that thing from Blade. But the boss battles are varied, a good mix of entertainment and challenge can be found in the boss battles with a nice variety throughout.

Overall, I enjoyed my brief time with the game, I don't think it's quite hooked me because it's not my type of game but I can see why people enjoy it and I enjoyed my time with it too.

The Binding of Isaac gets a 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment