Friday 5 June 2015

Game Reviews #16 - Just Cause




Platform: Xbox 360
Store Page
Price I Paid: £5

Just Cause 3 was announced recently. That's all I've heard of it, I haven't looked at any trailers or anything like that. It'll probably have micro transactions, if it was anything like Just Cause 2, then it'll be great, chaotic fun. If it's anything like Just Cause, it'll be good, but with poor voice acting and a couple other nitpicks.

Just Cause stars the eccentric-ly bland character that is Rico Rodriguez. The game starts with his mullet and parachute diving onto the island guns blazing. That's the way to start a game, have us plummeting to the ground while massacring the endless henchmen on the island. It gets you pumped to play the game, straight into the action, no wasting time on the "story" or any of that kerfuffle. Once you've done that the game instructs you to grab a car to do some more shooty shooty.

Then, the story begins! Deary me, the voice acting isn't the best now is it? It's laughably bad, so I wont be taking the story too seriously now will I? Right, let's go rescue a bloke from a prison I suppose. This is where the driving takes place. It's bad, very slippery to drive certain vehicles and I frequently crashed randomly into fences, Which was fairly comical I suppose, didn't help the game but it was fairly interesting to see the physics working at it's finest.

Controls wise, nothing that stood out as good or bad, sensitivity was extremely low and aiming requires no effort as the gun will automatically lock onto enemies, all you have to do is hold down RT. Nothing else required, so lack luster shooting which is a real shame, because, it's a shooter.

Physics is essential in this game, which is a shame since it has none, it's funny though. I had a good few laughs when I'd be in a high speed pursuit, hit a cop and he'd fly into the sky and slowly drift back to the floor. It's fantastic, but not the actual point of the game.

While it did lead on to the much better Just Cause 2, I can't recommend playing the Xbox 360 version because of it's poor gameplay value and extremely boring story.

Just Cause gets a 5/10




No comments:

Post a Comment